Sunday, February 13, 2022

Some Stuff

 The satellite phone was necessary because though we can call out now from the lodge on wifi we can't call from the accident scenes anymore without my flip phone. So the information we get is sometimes 2nd or 3rd hand and that doesn't do us much good. One time people told me they crashed on the road to Chicken Corner and when I got out there they were about a mile up Lockhart Basin three of four miles from where they said they were.

Last week a guy pulls up and says he's just driving around but saw the sign and had some questions. "What is this place." I'm laying on the porch with Jax, hurting everywhere, so I try to set up but it takes a couple attempts. He says "Want a massage? I'm pretty good at giving massages." I said "No, I"m fine." He says "Happy to do it. I think you're missing out." I said "Yea, maybe but I'll live with it." He says "You got any coffee?" I said "No, but you can make some if you want." He does. I say "Going hiking with Jax. Gonna be awhile. Welcome to hang out but be gone when I get back." He says "Ok, thanks." He was gone when we got back.
Also in the bunch of packages I got the other day was my new friend that goes in a holster. It's not a real gun and you don't need a license but it will fire projectiles that sting and, this is my favorite part, it also fires tear gas. Last year when I'd catch trespassers at the boat ramp I'd always be outnumbered minimum of five or six to one or when the hippies took over Hull's Place it was closer to 60 to 1. I'd tell them to leave and they'd start arguing with me. We never did any chest bumps but this year there won't be any arguing. I'm just shooting tear gas into them.
Got some more walkie with the better range, charge faster, and are holding up well. So replacing all the ones we had but we probably still have 15 good ones left so not sure what to do with those yet.
I know I put this picture on the blog 10 or 15 years ago because it looked familiar. I thought it was some cartoon character but I can't remember what we came up with.






No comments: