Monday, February 7, 2022

Chicken Corner and Lockhart Intersection

 That's where Jax and I are hiking on this day. Weather said 44 but it's 48 when we get there. However, and there almost always is a however, wind is blowing pretty good taking a chunk out of that 48. We park at the intersection and have multiple directions to go but with this wind we're going to hike most of the canyons today to see if we can get out of some of it. This is a sign you'll probably always remember. Took the truck as I'm out of side by sides with windows on the front and Jax freezes on the side by side.


It was windy in the canyons too but we went anyway. This is the first one and where it came out.



These two pictures are of the Rabbits and Foxes area we explored last week, maybe the week before. The days are just blowing by. I'm just a few weeks from going to get Kobae. Hard to believe.


Jax and I are way out there, 20 to 30 minutes hike back to the truck, and off in the distance I see a white truck driving away back toward Base Camp and Hurrah. It looks like mine. I get on the walkie and call Collin over and over to go out to our sign and check the white truck coming. Going to be an additional five mile hike on top of what we've already done if someone took my truck. Collin never answers. Jax and I head back toward where I parked the truck down in a depression next to the Chicken Corner sign. Ahh, there it is. We get back to the lodge and Collin says "Hope you didn't try to call. I forgot to take a walkie when I went next door to work."



No comments: