Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Some Stuff

Nate wasn't back from Salt Lake yet and Collin went to town and with guests checking in later best to hike fairly close to the property. Jax and I parked at the big at the big garage and headed up the hill next to the river. The day was mid 40's and little wind so was nice.


Saw a couple white butterflies and a few lizards darting from here to there. Always a little dicey to be one of the first coming out of slumber because if weather changes they get caught by surprise. I've had frozen lizards stuck to the wall before and put them in a large bowl by my office window for a day or two until the weather changed again and then put them back outside.

When I did the saying I found online a few people emailed me asking if the quote about the further out you are the farther you are from idiots, or something like that. Though I appreciate the thought no it wasn't my quote. Didn't have a name attached to it when I copied and pasted.

Got the satellite phone activated. The phone is expensive, the monthly fee is expensive, number of minutes is expensive, it's more to have your own number and even more to be able to take messages. However, there will be five or six, maybe more, people this year who's lives may depend on it. Verizon could have just given me my dumb phone back and it would have all been unnecessary. 

 

Jax and I hiked through the Golden Valley where all the rocks and ground is gold colored. Doesn't so much look like it in these pictures but it is.




We had a place where there were five or six column rocks but it looks like at least two of them have fallen over.


I was reading the disc golf review sites and one of the reviews about Base Camp's original course listed all the pros and then under the cons it says this was a bad place to be if you were allergic to giant turtles.






No comments: