Saturday, October 23, 2021

Things

 This is the pen where Pinto, Thelma, and Louise use to live and eventually with their babies. I use to feed the domestic sheep every day but felt bad for them being locked up so eventually I let them go. They were recaptured when I was told 30 years ago domestic sheep bred with big horn sheep and it killed the big horn herd as the domestic sheep have a disease that is not a disease to them but it makes the big horn go blind. Fortunately we got them taken out before the rutting season. This fence was five feet high at one point which gives you an idea of the flooding over the years.


Jax is such a good guy. He tracks Kobae for me. He's so smart he can learn about anything. He has to wait so long for Kobae to catch up but he keeps himself occupied exploring things both sides of where Kobae is hiking.


Apparently some stuff is going on across the river. I never noticed all the new solar panels in the roof of the clubhouse like building.
After the purchase I was told they wanted to be good neighbors and they would be by to visit soon but it's been six months so that's probably not going to happen. Yesterday five of those para-gliders I think with the little lawnmower like engine and fan just flew circles around the valley over and over with a few of them coming just a couple hundred feet over the lodge. At first guests were waving at them but after an hour plus guests were asking if this was ever going to end. Was like being in the grass at the middle of a NASCAR race. I called the agent to get a phone number but never heard back. Later I saw them packing all their stuff up and leaving. I thought that was a class act but then an hour or so later 30 something mile an hour winds came up and I think that's probably why they left. Can't fly in that. Didn't want to shut them down just have them visit further away places. Today they opened up the firing range and that went on most of the day. Fortunately most guests had just checked out and the new ones hadn't arrived yet. Good thing we weren't filming a commercial or having a wedding. I don't do weddings anymore.
Miniature crop circles.





No comments: