Thursday, October 21, 2021

Around Here Stuff

It rains every 4th or 5th day so the beach never gets dry. It's a cool beach, the most unique I've had in all the years but still muddy.


Been at least a month now. Kobae still won't go down in his hole. He walks by it and he grazes in his yard but he won't go in the hole so it appears his last two or three weeks here this year will be in the laundry room before it's time for him to go to San Diego for the year.
Worse yet, for Kobae anyway, he broke the stairs humping them a while back and Nate built some new ones but he doesn't like them so Collin built him some new stairs which are almost identical to the ones he had before but with an extra brace on each side. He's walked up to mount them three times but he doesn't like them either so all he does now is try and eat the metal braces.
Jax and I wait around each day for Kobae to go hiking and then we go with him. I'll sit in the office working with the window open so I can hear if he moves on the porch and I have my pack, camera, canteen, and gloves ready to go. I shouldn't need gloves but Jax gets a little wilder the longer he stays out here and when we go out hiking he'll get a ways ahead and hike behind a boulder or tall brush and then attack me. He just goes crazy running around me and I have to defend myself with my gloves on. He's lost his mind some days. On this day Kobae didn't want to go hiking and went in the laundry room early so Jax and I got a hike in on our own.



When Jax and I can get away by ourselves for an hour or so we spend it in the Predator rocks. I've seen bobcat, fox, raccoon, and most everybody that lives out here tracks. It's also where the Ghost Foxes live that you can see through their bodies so we're hoping to have another encounter with them.

We're spending a little more time above the lodge assuming at some point that's where we'll live. There will be very little traffic, we have a 360 view, and I'll actually be able to retire (again) with but a five minute hike down the hill if Collin or Nate need help and we'll have a complete view of the property. It's a very expensive price he's asking but I'll have to figure it out. My property taxes went up 20% this year and that's without them knowing that the guy across the river paid $6,000,000. It will be worse next year.






No comments: