Saturday, August 15, 2026
Unknown Cause
I'm feeding Kobae on the front porch with my fly swatter at hand. Kobae draws the flies when he comes to the porch. It's dangerous hand feeding him while trying to whack flies. However on this day, no flies show up. That's unheard of. When I'm done I go to water the plants and when I walk down to the west end of the porch all the flies are at the skunk hole. Too many. Something has died. It happened once before a few years ago and we found a dead medium size skunk in here after pulling up the porch boards. This time it was one of mother's babies. There are two sets of kids on the front porch each evening and her four are bigger than the others so I know it's one of hers. Ze, Tiago and I pull him out. The process to go to the wildlife vs wildlife cemetary is plastic bag it, plastic bag it again, did the hole, three to four feet, lower it in the hole, half way fill it up with dirt, put pepper in it, fill it the rest of the way up, more pepper towards the top, and then a heavy roc or rocks on top of it. All you can to keep something from digging it up. Still after the first night you can see where something tried to dig it up but reached the pepper and the rock fell in on the hole and the burial has survived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment