Monday, December 19, 2022

Life

Jax and I are coming back from town a couple days ago, phone rings, guy with a 435 phone number asks me if I want to sell. I say no, and if I did, I got nowhere to go. Searching for up to $16 million I couldn't find anything comporable so again, nowhere to go. He ask a few more questions and realizes it's futile and hangs up.
Cows are coming into the property almost every day from the Jackson Hole direction. We were up to 14 a couple days ago. My fear is they go to the boat ramp and crush the kayaks or walk into the pond on top with the false bottom to keep it from leaking and punch some holes in that. That will probably be in the $40,000 to $50,000 range somewhere.
Ya never know how your former enemies can become your friends. We're down to just two hawks trying to kill the sunbirds. The hawks are the ravens enemies also. Now most morning there is one raven that sits on the dead tree out front waiting for a hawk to show up and go after the songbirds and with the raven there the hawks don't come.
Doug comes by with two guys who own some stuff in town. A hotel and a nice restaurant. Says he just wants to show them the place. It's no James Maybe from across the river.
Somewhere around Thanksgiving it seems like most everyone working across the river somewhere packed up and disappeared. Very little activity. June or so it will be two years and they haven't opened yet. The bubble things are open who rent from them but they just deleted all their bad reviews. Hard to figure out across the river.

No comments: