Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas at Base Camp

Jax and I spent part of the day hiking around the property looking for fresh signs of the mountain lion.
A week or so ago there were two women staying in the female hogan. They called on the walkie one evening to ask if there were any sort of ghosts over at Last Hurrah. I told them I'd never had anything come up. They said they were outside and saw something white pass between the Star Link dish and block it out. It's on the roof of the main house. They decided to retire for the night and went inside the hogan. They called again to say they could hear small children laughing. I told them there was nobody else staying over there. The following morning they checked out a day early.
A few days later Jax and I went up the hill above the lodge to check on Doug's hogan while we were hiking. We walked inside the hogan and immediately heard small children laughing outside the hogan on the south side. Jax and I looked at each other at the same time and listened. We had just walked around the entire hogan and there was nobody around for as far as we could see. As soon as I opened the door and went outside the laughing went away. There were no footprints or anything.
On our hike back to the lodge we ran across another group of cows and Jax took off right towards them. He loves being a cattle dog. He has no idea what's he's doing but he's just happy these big things run from him. This time however the cows all gathered together and stared at him. Jax got within about 50 feet and they all started walking towards him. He ran back to me still happy he got to chase even if they didn't run. I called the cowboys and told them I was having to chase the cows down the drive way every day and he said he would be here first thing in the morning. His wife said that if he came all the way out here on Christmas he wouldn't have a house to come back to.

No comments: