Thursday, December 29, 2022

All Kinds of Stuff

Jax and I spent a couple days off and on chasing cows off the property and then the cowboys showed up and got ten of them but as soon as I saw them going up Hurrah four more walked around the corner into the property. The next day they were gone. I think even the cows know there is trouble waiting. Then the rain came and cut off the road to Last Hurrah. Teresa and I shoved the road back together again.
The drag marks got washed out by the water going down the creek bed. Jax and I headed down to the beach after the rain quit to see if we could pick up any tracks of anything. If not, no tracks. and no little people showing up to eat tells me the mountain lion is still here.
Jax doesn't pick up a smell and I don't pick up any tracks. We head into the creek bed to see if anything has changed. It has. The mountain lion as returned and dragged the kill further up the hill to keep it from getting swept away in the rain waters and pretty much ate what's left. More importantly it's not visiting by going up or down the creek bed it's coming in from a trail up above. This could have gone bed. I wasn't looking for that at all.
It's incredible how far the trees that use to have their trunks buried have moved out into the middle of the creek bed and you can see another one a bit down stream about to join them.

No comments: