Monday, June 28, 2021

What?

 I've kind of lost track of how many trucks I bought. Mine went in the shop, not for maintenance as you might expect but a big rock rolled out in front of Linny on Hurrah and it got hit pretty hard. I twice bottomed out with loads of water on the cattle guard on top and shifted the frame some and the doors don't open right. The second tailgate has finished it's life and won't open without ramming it with a railroad tie, and once closed you have to put tie downs on it to stay closed. I know that sounds contradictory but somehow it isn't. Chris at Nations said he'd work on it but it was going to be out for awhile. I'm sold on Ford trucks and Chris said he had an extra one he'd sell me to use as a beater. I gave him money for it. Then he remembered he had a better beater but he had to order parts. I went by Canyonlands Auto and found a nice F250 that had a big back seat to put Kobae in and a very long and deep bed in the truck to haul more trash, water, and wood so I bought it.


Linny's Jeep has a short in it so it's in the shop also and I'm driving in to Canyonlands Auto again because they have a nice F150 I might buy. I did. On the way in I run across a large tour bus coming down the switchbacks except he's not going to make it. He's being pulled by Chris at Nations trying to get him back up the switchbacks but he has to drive backwards. I pull up to see if I can help and he says "Here, you drive it. I'm a city boy and my nerves are shot. What am I doing here?" Chris drives the tow truck to the top of the switchbacks and then walks back down the hill, get's in the tour bus, starts it up and drives it backwards up the switchbacks. I have video somewhere.



No comments: