Monday, June 28, 2021

Hurrah Pass All Good

The hundred foot drives of three or four cars a week taking them over the top are about over. The county cleaned up the bad spot on the other side and took a rock chipper to the tough spot on the very top. I haven't had anybody ask me to drive them out in about a week. Pretty cool San Juan County. Thank you.


Babies are showing up. Skunk babies at night wandering around on the porch out exploring and trying to get their butts to work occasionally. It's sooo cute. The youngest ringtail showed up and she is so skinny I'm assuming she had babies. She hasn't brought them to the porch yet but each time she gets a hot dogs she disappears for a few minutes. Unfortunately there are two to three raccoons hanging around on the roof so it makes it a little dicey for her.

Driving over to pump water about 2am on the side by side, come over a hill, and the youngest baby deer I've ever seen is standing in the road in the glare of the head lights. I turn them off and the moon is still almost full. She slowly walks in front of Jax and I not scared in the least.





No comments: