Sunday, June 20, 2021

One Eighteen Year Old to Another

I got a review that came in last night, a three out of five, from back in May. Initially I had an eighteen year old email me and say she was graduating high school and she was planning this trip with her mom all by herself. When they got here and checked in, as usual I ask them what they'd like to do while they were here. The mom said they'd been hiking the parks for the last week or two but she was injured and didn't think they were going to do anything while they were here. 


I responded to the mom who was probably 20 to 30 years younger than I, which I have to younger people before "You're getting old. Unlike me. Glad I'm not getting old." Sarcasm yes but also a smile. I hardly saw them after that. They were either reading outside or in the room. Last night the review comes in from the 18 year old, a three out of five. It says "Tom was very sarcastic and can come off as very rude."
Linny turned 18 last month. After we hadn't seen each other for a year and some change after the horror movie she sent me a pretty neat email saying she wanted to come back to the lodge.

"I appreciate everything you've done for me.
Thank you for never giving up on me and encouraging me to keep fighting and keep going. I'm so lucky to call you my best friend.
Thank you for teaching me everything I know today.
I've always tried my hardest to make you proud.
You will always be a part of me and I hope I will always be a part of you.
I love you with all of me!

Love,
The One And Only Linster :)"

Today she came in the office and gave me a card for Father's Day. 

"Love you best friend. I picked this card just for you. That pretty much says it all."

Says it all for me too best friend.





No comments: