Saturday, June 12, 2021

Hurrah Pass

 We were looking for some guests that were suppose to show up so Jax and I drove up to Hurrah. There was nobody there and it was quiet. I started remembering the early days. I'd forgotten there were Needles/Pinnacles on the back north side.



 A couple of the scariest night rescues I've had to do were on the old mining road that people use to take by accident when they'd miss the Hurrah Pass sign and keep going in the dark. The county blocked it off a month or so ago.
In the first year I had neither internet or phone service so I had to go up Hurrah in the mornings and call people and leave messages and go back in the evening and get my messages. Things ran slow. This is the indentation in the rocks where I got the best cell phone coverage.

Oh yeah, and Jax is nuts.





No comments: