Saturday, June 12, 2021

GS 13 Rescue on Lockhart Basin

Guy pulls up on a street bike and says they came up Lockhart Basin, had a crash that destroyed a crankcase. Been creeping along. Ran out of water four or five hours ago, and there is a 68 year old dehydrated man limping back with his street bike. Could I help? 

It's 15 years now doing rescues. Hundreds. I'm tired. The days are long. The money is nice but I retired. I didn't buy the place to make money. I bought the place(s) to be retired. I know this seems cold but I had to think about it for a few minutes if I wanted to kiss away another whole evening on another rescue. It never goes like it's suppose to and it always takes longer than it should. Jax and I and a rider pile in the truck and head for Lockhart with lots of water. 

We load up the bike and take the bike and rider to town. They pay us well. On the way back from town I find a bike rider with two flats and give him a ride to town. A rescue that started at 3pm or so ends at 10:30pm. 




No comments: