Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunday the Back Track (Part Two)

The rock formation you see in the distance and about 500 feet below is the Wind Caves, or officially called Catacomb Rock. The Wind Caves are where Kobae goes every time he heads south, except this time. Right here was a big decision for Kobae and where he appears to have spent Thursday night. Back there in the distance is Dripping Springs Canyon. I go back there maybe three or four times a year and only once or twice to the left side of the road where Kobae went in the eight years I've been here. Kobae likely saved his own life deciding to turn around right here because I can't imagine a scenario where I would have guessed he was up there. I may have run across his old tracks but I was shrinking the perimeter not expanding it and he was outside where I thought he could be. This is a half mile from where Kobae turned back and his tracks cross each other. Most of the time he was just 100 or so feet from the trail he took to get out there as to where he came back. As Tom gets into Thursday tracks they get harder to find from the Thursday night wind storm that blew down the sign. Kobae crosses his own tracks again. These are Kobae Saturday morning tracks. He's tired. You can see how he's having trouble picking his feet up and is dragging them in the sand from step to step.

No comments: