Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saturday

It's been four days since the flood and the ground is packed hard. These are spooky times hiking with Kobae as he leaves almost no track so you have to stay with him all the time. This is the red tee to hole 11 on the disc golf course. Last time we hiked through here I straightened the turf on the tee out. Now, after the flood, it is all folded on top of itself and the blue tee is gone. We're hiking maybe an hour when it starts to heat up and Kobae goes right for shade finding a little ledge where just his head is in the shade. I know I'm stuck for the next five or so hours until the heat breaks so when two guys come by on atvs I have one take me to the lodge while the other watches Kobae. I pick up the truck, bring back a chair with a hat, and find a wet towel still in the back of the truck while I'm cleaning it out and use that to put over Kobae. When the heat breaks we're hiking home when a bicycle touring supply truck gets a flat right next to us.

No comments: