Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday and Guess What.....

I checked the driveway this Monday morning and it was damaged but survivable. I went back and forth in the truck over and over making a path for arriving guests to follow. Around 1pm guests called to say they were leaving Moab. Twenty minutes later all "hail" broke loose. Not very big hail, but hail. I quickly called them back to tell them not to come but it went straight to voice mail which means they don't have service and are on their way. I was hoping they would get through Kane Creek before the flood got there. It can be raining while you are going through the creek bed and you can be all right. The waters take awhile to get to the road crossing. Most people spend a little over an hour to get here but at 2pm they hadn't arrived and at 2:30pm I hadn't seen them come over Hurrah Pass. Time to go look for them. At 2:40 I start down the driveway. It hasn't rained in an hour. The drive way is still flooded. While that is probably navigable I'm still a little weary from getting Last Hurrah's side by side stuck in there a couple weeks before so decide to wait half an hour. At 3pm I'm just gathering up my stuff, couple pair of water shoes, Go Pro camera, two walking sticks, tow straps, bunji cords, two pair of dry clothes, five towels, lots of mosquito repellent, energy bars, and three canteens of water in case I wind up getting trapped somewhere and spend the night. As I start to take everything out to the truck the guests pull up in a pretty muddy SUV. They got stuck half way down Hurrah but were ok everywhere else.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Good for them. Glad you didn't have to go out. They will enjoy being there!