Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Find (Part Two)

We've been tracking Kobae for 40 minutes and the tracks are growing fresher by the minute. There is no clutter that has blown in the tracks and a few of them still have sand falling into them. Suzy stays with Kobae and I return to the lodge to get the truck and some food for him. But when I get back I can't get the truck close enough to get him to hike through the mid 90's heat so the return is going to have to wait until the heat breaks. As Kobae begins eating, Noodles notices that the large rock is suddenly moving and comes to investigate. Suzy has Noodles move and Kobae goes back to eating. For the next few hours we sit and wait. I go out and search a path of least resistance to get him back when the heat breaks. Kobae starts off and we use Noodles as bait briefly to get Kobae going the right direction. Suzy and Noodles return to the vehicle to drive it back and Kobae and I make the couple hour hike back. The wandering son has returned.

2 comments:

cyn said...

Hallelujah! and many thanks to Sally and Noodles and those who came out to help. He is a lucky and loved guy. Hope you all can take a well-deserved rest and let your feet, arms and legs recover. Give him a kiss for me. XO

cyn said...

Sorry SUZY! I should have double-checked. I am sure Tom and Kobae are very grateful to you and Noodle, and so am I.