Thursday, December 9, 2021

Propane and The Road

 I'm going to run out of propane sometime this winter. The lodge is down to about a hundred gallons out of one thousand. Two five hundred gallon tanks. But, the propane truck can't get here. The pass road is way worse than the last time a propane truck came out here and if you've been reading the blog for six months or so that delivery didn't go well when two wheels fell off the pass and the truck was hanging with a couple thousand gallons of propane in it. Currently I think there are three places the truck can't get around a corner. Farrell Gas wants to get here before the first snow and I want them here before the first snow.


However with the fires in the summer and then the rains lots of roads were destroyed and the county has been trying to get roads open for months. They are booked every day. I've emailed and left messages to get me before the first snow and give me some notice so I can get a propane truck scheduled. Collin goes to town for wood and Nate goes to Salt Lake to visit with some time off and they both call me saying the grader is on Hurrah Pass. I head out Wednesday morning with Collin in the other truck for us to both go get some firewood and a couple of the corners are still rough for a propane truck. I run into the county guy in the grader pulling the county truck. He's done and going home before the storm hits. I tell him about the three corners and he says he'll come back. Unhooks the truck and heads up Hurrah. Collin heads to town to get us one load of firewood and I head back up Hurrah. They guy is good. I'm not driving fast, just normal, but he's almost staying with me up Hurrah driving a grader. 
The corners, three of them, have high banks on the left side of the right hand turn and loose dirt on the right down hill sides which is where the last propane truck dropped two wheels.
I need him to take from the left side bank and give to the right side drop off. I spend three or so hours on the Pass with him and he does an incredible job.
Full size propane truck can make it around now. Too late to go get wood so Jax and I head back to the lodge. Collin gets back about half an hour after we do.





No comments: