Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Side by side, Jax, Cows

Jax and I are out hiking when we get a call from guests one of the side by sides has gone down. The engine runs fine, just doesn't go anywhere. Jax and I hike back, get another side by side and take it out and switch with them. Towed it back the next day.


After dropping off the side by side we hike back. We haven't gone very far when while the herd has started down Lockhart Basin there are still a few cows that got missed. But Jax didn't miss them. He's off to the races. He'll chase one for a couple hundred feet and then run back and jump up and down on me, then off to chase another cow. I yell at him but he's completely deaf when there are cows around. Tonight we're setting on the couch in the living room and Jax looks bored. I go get his box out of the office with all his toys in it. Balls, donut like toys, chewed up glove, giraffe, squirrel, chipmunk, two geese, skunk, and each time I present one I name it. He doesn't care. I get to the last toy which is a hedgehog. I present it and say "cow". He grabs it and takes off. I chase him around the furniture for ten minutes and he jumps up on the small couch and starts chewing on it.
Not much going on next door, across the river. Most days there are two trucks over there and almost no activity that I can distinguish. Man and a woman yelling at each other a few nights back for half an hour or so, haven't heard anything since then. They go out and shoot on the firing range occasionally. Since it's been six months and they haven't showed up yet I'll have to drive over there one day and figure out how to get hold of them if something comes up. Maybe take them a couple walkies.

Have just two or three guests each night, main house, room at the lodge, and a hogan or two. It's quiet out there. I heard one side by side today and that was it.





No comments: