Friday, July 23, 2021

Things are a Changing

 I've been looking for help at the property and maybe somewhere down the road retire again, or at least partially. As well Linda and Linny's days are winding down so I have to find a or multiple replacements for them. We have been full forever it seems like but with my deletion from airbnb for not wearing a face mask we became not full last week sometime and so we're all gotten a little bit of a break. I wanted to stay full and airbnb has gotten rid of the mask mandate but I was too tired to enter them.

Thirty five or so years ago one of the first partners I had in the indoor soccer business was Gaylen Jorgensen. I had an indoor soccer facility in Salt Lake and it wasn't going well. Gaylen had graduated college and did his thesis on indoor soccer. Called me working at my hotel in San Diego and said he wanted to run the place in Salt Lake. He'd fly out to San Diego at his expense and if I hired him I'd reimburse him. Both those things happened and we are still to this day partners in the indoor soccer facilities. 

Gaylen use to come out here quite a bit with his family. One of his sons, Collin, came out a lot and worked at the indoor soccer facilities for awhile. Collin loves Base Camp and his dad contacted him and said that I was sounding tired on the blog and needed help. He should call me. He did and he visited a week or so ago and we're working something out where he works here part time for awhile and hopefully more full time as things progress. Collin is good people and it's nice not to have to worry about the locals and go with a long history of proven talent for a change.


No comments: