Saturday, July 3, 2021

East Beaver Valley

 When I got back from town Linda said "Here, this is for you." A calendar of East Beaver Valley in Colorado. The note said "My daughter and I met you and your "dog of sorts" while you were out hiking in 2016. We spoke of your soccer business and our business of moving and storage and our ranch west of Colorado Springs. I promised to bring you a calendar next time I saw you. It's been five years but here it is."   Mark Johnson

It all rings true. I remember most of such a conversation and while on hike I would tell people I was hiking with my dog of sorts. Meeting someone on the trail and discussing business proposals and sharing what we had learned. I think the calendar comes from several times people on the trail would ask me if I was worried about Kobae getting run over and I'd say something like "It's not usually busy on Tuesdays." They'd tell me it was Saturday and tell me I needed a calendar. 



No comments: