Saturday, July 3, 2021

Thank You Anonymous

 Linny got a package in the mail, no note or return address, gifting her this book. She would like to acknowledge she received it and will get to it when she can.

We're all trying to get a little time to read. While I wanted to catch up with my two favorite authors of the moment Rich Curtain who I had caught up with but has now put out another book and is not far away on even another one so I'm falling behind with him.
I got through the first three or four of of Chinle Miller but since the disc golf tourney in March it's been so busy I haven't read even a single chapter since then.

But then we found this book in the female hogan called "A Prayer for Owen Meany". I just read the back cover and it says "In the summer of 1953, two eleven-year old boys--best friends--are playing in a Little League baseball game in Gravesend, New Hampshire. One of the boys hits a foul ball that kills the other boy's mother. The boy who hits the ball doesn't believe in accidents. Owen Meany believes he is God's instrument. What happens to Owen after that 1953 foul ball, is extraordinary." 

I'm not much religious but this seems like something special.



1 comment:

bc said...

"Owen Meany" is fantastic. And don't worry, the main character isn't much religious either. :)