Saturday, July 3, 2021

Cistern

 Years ago I put some boards in the cisterns and then attached floating plastic bottles to them so that if something fell in it would land on the wood and not drown. However a week or so ago I found a dead skunk which had drown in the cistern and a white tailed antelope squirrel. A couple of the bottles at the far end of the wood that I can't see filled with water and while the wood was still floating it wasn't high enough to keep either of the critters from drowning. 

I drove to four carpentry woodwork shops in town last week and they all said they were way too busy. One called Turner Lumber for me and ask if they had some Dupont Scoreboard Insulation. They said they did. Linny and Linda picked up two, six foot by eight foot pieces. I took one of them and cut it up to fill the 320 gallon cistern on the east end and then too the cut off pieces and stuck them in to float around. I think it's going to work. I'm pretty happy at the way it turned out. I have a cut out piece in the bottom corner you just lift up to put the watering buckets down there.



No comments: