Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Some More Stuff

 When the beach was here below the lodge you could drag the kayaks to the water in the sand. At the cement boat ramp that's not working out as well as they get dragged across the cement it's having an effect.



In fairness to whoever is doing the dragging a few of the kayaks, though not these, the handles on the ends are weak or have torn. I look around and I have a lot of kayak handles left but they are all side handles. I don't have any ends. I'd just got back from fixing a cooler water hose with some of the hose and shark's teeth that Tosha send me when she sent me the wallet with Jax and Kobae on it. I looked in the box and I think it will work.
Just stocking up to save time whenever anything goes wrong having something to fix it. I bought four more air filters for the Polaris and then when someone comes back from Wind Caves/Chicken Corner instead of washing the air filter and letting it dry I just stick a new clean air filter in it and they're ready to go out again. Plus more handles for the kayaks. 


This is what 6am looks like to the east and west.

Jax and I do short hikes in the morning because I need the rest of the pre-heat time to fix stuff and organize. Once the heat of the day comes for me it's retreat indoors and do bookings and update listings. On this morning Jax and I make a journey come back to the drive way which still needs considerable work.

I got a clarification that is not a wrecked plane at the property across the river. It's a metal roof that blew off during the storm last week or so. Speaking of which with such small consistent snow melt this year I was not going to get the beach/sand bar back from across the river. Each year it takes the snow melt floods to put everything under water and enough current to change things around and that didn't happen this year. I was thinking the boat ramp isn't bad. I'll have the two regular sandbars but you'll have to wade a little in knee deep water to get to them but that's not the end of the world. Then the storm came which is trouble all around wiping out the driveway by the Base Camp sign, destroying the left hand turn at the bottom of the lodge to go next door and misc patch jobs all around the property plus blocking off the creek access from the lodge to the river for those that prefer to hike. But since I've been going down to the river a couple times a day now to check for trespassers it occurs to me that all of my driveway that got washed down to the river will be a wonderful new beach as soon as the river goes down a couple more inches. Seems like it's going to work out.






No comments: