Friday, November 20, 2020

More Stuff

The last rain storm beat the reeds down in the pond and they formed sort of a dome on top of the pond. When I went over to pump water into the pond I heard all the red-winged blackbirds under the dome talking and whispering. As the pond kept filling up they got louder and irritated. I got it about half way full and called it a day. I wondered where flocks of 100 or so birds sleep and I now have one answer.

I think of all the hikes I enjoy the Skinny People one the most. The varied terrain. The wonderment on guest's faces. It's been probably 10 or 12 years since a four of year old Linny and I wandered into the maize and Linny said "Tom, I think skinny people use to live here."


It always happens this way. This time it was some folks in a Jeep Cherokee chewing my ass about how hard the road is to get here and how I mislead them and ........you've heard it before. Then a couple, the third time this has happened, pulled up in a Prius.

Had two kids here who love turtle and tortoise and this is their review. After meeting Kobae. "Dad says we're coming back." "Best trip ever." "Best moment of my life."




No comments: