Monday, May 9, 2022

Window Washer Woman

Some years ago I had a friend tell me about a petroglyph called Window Washer Woman. Then showed me a picture. It wasn't a petroglyph, it was more of a statue out of the rocks showing a carved out face and the upper torso of a woman with the boobs in the wrong place, lower than they normally are. We went to look for it but had some transportation issues and never found it. I meet Teresa towards town and we go to look for it.


We get up on top and start the search. I find one of those little signs that says don't deface ancient treasures and tell Teresa it's got to be along this ledge somewhere. Teresa says, what about this petroglyph, but it's not exactly a petroglyphy we're looking for so I take a picture and then start hiking out on the ledges to find the Window Washer Woman.



After an hour or so of hiking the wall I find nothing. Not even a little trace of something and so we head back down the hill where there's a dead duck lying just off the trail and a red fox headed up the hill to get it when Jax sees it and the chase is on. Jax comes back 30 seconds later but excited that he finally got to chase something. When I got back to the lodge I pulled the pictures up I took and I clearly got bad information of what I was looking for. She was right there in front of us the whole time. Teresa found Window Washer Woman and I was so focused on what I knew for sure that wasn't the case I walked right by it.



No comments: