Sunday, May 15, 2022

Linster

My best friend in the whole world visited a couple days ago. Linny, along with Tiago, and Linda all came by for four or so days. There have been two yellow 50 something Ford 150s stuck in the mud on the north end of the property for over 20 years. We finally got them pulled out and Tiago was here to look at them and figure out how to get them back to San Diego to make one complete truck out of them. Linda drove them out in one of my four trucks I would up with somehow. The goal was to get Linny's Jeep and leave me the truck. Over the years the Jeep occasionally has a death wobble. You'll be driving along and all of a sudden it just shakes uncontrollably and you have to pull over and when they left I was following them in the truck just to make sure there were no problems and despite having driven the Jeep myself at 70 miles an hour for half an hour it went into a death wobble with Linny driving just outside of town so we switched out and they took the truck back. I'll have it fixed and then drive to San Diego to swap out for my other truck. 

Linny moved out here with me when she was three years old. We both figured she'd call Linda to come get her in a week or two but the call never happened and she spent a big chunk of her life growing up out here. Started driving ATV's when she was four or five years old, dirt bike at six, the Jeep at six, and the truck at around eight years old. It was second grade when I began letting her drive various vehicles to school and occasionally by herself. She did hundreds of rescues with me and frequently took folks to town as I was running the lodge. The other reason Linny was here, besides the Jeep and me, she turned 19 last week and Linny figured it was time to get a driver's license. Congratulations best friend.

Back at the lodge she jumps on a trials bike and is off. I miss you my friend.




No comments: