Saturday, April 25, 2020

A Day of Pictures

Krysia who stayed in one of the hogans a couple weeks ago sent me this.
Krysti sent me three pictures today. Jax and I hanging out at our favorite spot above Land of the Skinny People, the cactus on the way to Last Hurrah, and her dog Canyon realizing there is a vacancy in the parking lot patrol position with Jax gone. The difference is Canyon chased them in to the vehicles versus preventing them from going there.


I've been trying to get through this post for over an hour. The dark sky for the second evening in a row is filled with things that go bump in the night and this time there are lots of witnesses. Of the eight or so people on the back porch  I hear my name called every ten or fifteen minutes to come out and explain what they are watching and I can't. I can't explain why things come to us, stop, change direction, change colors, make no noise, and spread into four or five objects and then disappear, and then do it again.

The pipe is fixed and water is again flowing into the pond.

The sky is alive tonight. There's a Things That Go Bump In The Dark convention off the back porch. Maybe there's so few planes in the sky they're feeling particularly bold tonight to not be witnessed.

Kobae hasn't come out on the porch much the last week or so despite good weather. He came out finally on Friday. I bathed him in four buckets of water in case he was dehydrated and found three cactus needles buried in a broken toenail. Got the tweezers and while he watched me I pulled them out and he didn't seem to even notice. He had a pretty good appetite after that, one of the top ten I've ever seen and this morning he left me three shovel fulls of presents in the laundry room. He loves me.
I got an email today from Tanja with a picture of Kobae, Jax, and I all in the photo. I thought who is here that took that picture that I don't know. Then I realized maybe I've been spelling Tawnya's name wrong the whole time. So I went over and ask Tammy if that was really how she spelled her name and she said "Yes and mine is Tami." I said "You told me you read the blog every day so why have you not told me?" Tami said "Because it's funny and keeps us anonymous."


No comments: