Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Some Different Stuff

When I first moved here 13 or so years ago I was trying to find somebody that would do cleaning. I posted a note at Employment Services in Moab and a lady called me who's name I no longer remember. She lived in La Sal which is a drive. She was to get a ride to town and I'd meet her at Village Market and bring her out for a few days of work. Linny was here working also but she was about five or six years old.

I gave her rides from town and back several times and then I remembered I still had the BMW sitting at Nations Towing. I told her she could drive it from her home in La Sal to Nations and I'd pick her up there. In time she didn't respond to phone calls much and I had someone follow me out to La Sal to look around for the Beemer. I found it parked in front of a trailer and had an extra key. I opened the trunk and there was a whole bunch of her stuff in there. I knocked on the door and gave her ten minutes to get her stuff out. She came to the door high as a kite and told me to go do something to myself. I waited ten minutes got in the BMW and all the door panels and roof panels were taken off. She had been using my BMW to transport drugs back and forth to Rifle Colorado. It's hard to explain how I found out but I did.

I had it cleaned good and then never used it again. I had to pay insurance on it every six months and never drove it. One day I was at Mad Bro getting some trials bikes worked on, maybe ATVs and CC said "Our daughter is graduating high school and we want to find a deal on a car for her. I told them I had a BMW in the Nations parking lot. Go look at it and if you want it, it's yours. They did and it was. In time they painted it and put racing stripes or something on it and one day when I pulled into the Mad Bro parking lot I thought "That's a nice looking car." Then realizing it was my former car.

For the next year or two they never charged me any labor on vehicles I brought in until they thought we were square. Was pretty cool of them.

When Dre starting getting weird on me a couple weeks ago and was gone with the truck for a day or two he said he was at a party and ran into a lady that use to work with me. She said I let her use my BMW and she was running drugs in it to Rifle and back. It was a mystery to her still to this day how I found out and I came and took the car with all her stuff in it.

A few days ago I ask Tami and Chris to clean the garage and boat house that got trashed. They called me on the walkie yesterday to say they found crack or meth pipes in a stash in the boat house. I should have figured it out right away when Dre told me he was at a party and ran into the former employee. It's doubtful that she changed her ways and with money apparently Dre reverted back to who he use to be. I called San Juan County Sheriff and they said unless there were actual drugs to just destroy the pipes which I did.

Few boats starting to show up on the river.

There's some good people here right now. I was thinking this might be a good time to put a little money together and make a run on Caveman Ranch across the river and maybe be able to keep everyone and give them jobs. Tops the place might be worth $2,000,000 but I was hoping not to have to go that high because there's another $500,000 to get it operational. I called the listing agent so I could take a couple people over there and get access. She said it was under contract. I said, what happen to my first right of refusal where if you get an offer I have the right to match or exceed it? She said it's way more than you would have ever paid. Last I heard they were asking $6.5 million and there was no chance they'd go under $6,000,000. So if it's under contract in that range something big is going in. You can't start $4,000,000 over price without building a lot of infrastructure at cost to get your equity back. I'd guess a hotel or resort of some type and for sure upper scale. If it turns into an air park I don't know how I'll feel about that. I assume that there are contingencies so I'll wait to hear.
I had three packages waiting for me in town. I have been hearing the Dinovite commercials forever so I bought some for Jax. However after going on a couple pet web site forums it seems to be hit and miss. Either it's excellent and solves any problems your dog might have or it creates them. Not sure what I'm going to feel about that. It's probably a no if I see him again.

I got eight more walkies in and will put those together tomorrow and I got the collection of Chinle Miller books about Deputy Sheriff Bud Shumway. Probably start one tonight.



No comments: