Sunday, April 5, 2020

Some Days in April

When we wake in the morning Jax immediately goes outside to check all the vehicles. I think he feels personally responsible for their safety.

I wouldn't think the critters that live here would be affected by the craziness going on in the human world but that all changed. On my trip to town Village Market was out of Kit&Kaboodle. Out. That's never happen in ten plus years I've been feeding critters and believe me it's the only food that everybody likes, everybody. There were two 17.6 pound bags of Kibbles n Bits sitting there which the pictures looked like Kit&Kaboodle so I bought them. I put two on the porch and stuck the little bit of Kit&Kaboodle out in Kobae's pen for the foxes. The fox bowl was empty in the morning. The raccoon bowls looked like this.
Jax, Michelle, and I got a hike in.


Flowers are blooming. In many places Indian Paint Brush is first.
Temps are in the 70s for the next week. So strange that spring has sprung and there's almost no guests to enjoy it. Since I put the property back on the booking sites I got three bookings the first day and nothing since. I think I'm going to do about 10% of last April's revenue and that won't even cover payments. I've got enough to last for awhile and I hate to get assistance especially from the government and there's so many people that need it more. If I don't apply for the loan though and do need it at some point it could very well be they're out of Federal funds.

One thing that is working out well is just like the movie people I tell everyone to bring their own food and whatever else they think they might need from wherever they live. Two disc golfers showed up that I never talked to who went to a store in town but as far as I can tell everyone else has brought groceries with them to include the movie people. Some day we're all going to be back in business and best to find out now what works and what doesn't. I think we're at 100% compliance so far with no impact on Moab. 


When we got back Michelle said "I think I'll paint the roof of the living room." Jax and I left to hike in The Fingers


When we got back the living room looked like this
Michelle said she had a good idea. What if she took some of this caution tape and painted it into the ceiling and walls. It would be a cool conversation piece. I said "I don't think that's a good idea." Before I left to go hiking with Jax, Dre, and Krysti I forgot to hide the tape.
I've made a lot of good friends in the disc golf community and they are such great people. One of them is Krysti. She didn't show up for a couple tournaments and when I'd ask about her other players would say she just sort of disappeared. Friday afternoon I got an email from her saying she has been living in her truck the last year or so. She was in Arizona and everywhere she went everyone was kicked out of the camp grounds. Could she stay here? I said yes and seven hours later she showed up. Dre, Krysti, Jax and I went hiking in The Fingers and to visit an arrowhead factory in that area.

When we got back the ceiling had expanded to not just being horizontal above but vertical down the sides and the laundry room door was painted as the test case for Caution tape.

I found one bag of Kit&Kaboodle in the dollar store in town so I put Kit&Kaboodle on top of the KibbleNBits trying to get the ringtail, skunk, raccoons, and fox to eat the whole bowl and not notice the KibbleNBits taking up most of the bowl. Each night they'd eat down to the KibbleNBits and then leave the rest of the bowl alone. I was beginning to fear I was stuck with 35 pounds of KibbleNBits. Later though when I was working in the office I looked out the window and saw Kobae cleaning up the fox bowl in his yard. Then a little while later the one sitting in the parking lot and finally the bowl sitting on the porch. He's only suppose to have a certain amount of protein a day or at a time or he'll get pyramiding on his shell. Hopefully the other critters will adopt cause I can't feed Kobae much.



1 comment:

KQ said...

Please apply though. The rates are so low. We applied for our business (which has totally shut down probably until July Or August apparently) and it said 12 was the cutoff time. We had plenty of time but the website froze up. We came back later to submit again only to have it say all the funds were gone! It meant noon and not midnight like we assumed. However, someone emailed us back in a couple of hours to say that was just the first round and more $$ is coming, so just try again. And they made the questions easier than the first day also. Our accountant said to please apply. Small businesses are apparently 500 employees or less, so you’re definitely a small business affected by the virus impact. Everyone world wide is affected, but we just need to wait it out for safety. We deal mostly with aged people, so it’s more dangerous for them. Good luck to you.