Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Stuff, Good Stuff

Jax and I have been out hiking all our usual trails backwards. Seems like an obvious thing to mix it up but I looked right past it. It's not like doubling the amount of hikes we have because some still have certain similarities of course but a few times I have to think about which way the trail goes because so much of the trails out here are on rock there's no worn down track. However my little friend has only once stopped to make a decision before carrying on and he got it right. Jax is a pretty incredible dog and he insists on leading every hike. Makes it easier for me. We can be out hiking and I say "Skinny People." He'll turn down the right creek bed or canyon. Lately thought he seems to have gotten shy. Every time he sees me taking his picture he looks the other way.


Finding out about the petroglyphs either on or just off the Last Hurrah property after all these years is a pretty good find and locating the large pottery collection out to Jackson Hole another refreshing discovery. When I thought things were getting a little boring and nothing new to find.


By doing Skinny People backwards we came across these fossils and worm tubes that were hidden probably by someone coming back from what we use to call Geode Heaven but now we've found so many other places to find geodes we don't hike all the way out there anymore.


Even Thousand Eyes looks different coming in from the back way. Since each day the sun comes up a minute later my leaving the blinds open to wake up naturally gets us out a little later some days but more days are becoming cloudy this time of year and extends the morning hikes which are all limited by the fur coat that Jax is wearing.



By coming into Skinny People and Thousand Eyes backwards I saw an object I hadn't seen before and heading over to it found an entire tree of petrified wood buried in petrified mud.



No comments: