Saturday, August 17, 2019

An Evening Hike

I'm hand feeding Kobae now. I kind of enjoy it but you have to be really focused when he gets toward the end of the romaine, green pepper, or cucumber so to not lose a finger or two. It's more efficient and doesn't take all evening for him to eat so Jax and I can sneak away for an evening hike occasionally. He's pretty funny.


The French left and sent me an email later that day saying they had made it safely back to civilization. My favorite is when they check out and say "I hope we make it back." To which I sometimes respond "Your odds are good. Since there are no other vehicles in the parking lot once you leave apparently the 6 to 8,000 people that stayed here before you over the last 13 years made it."


Nicole got some job offers in the High Desert of California so she's gone probably not to return. And as I'm typing this the phone rings and Michelle says she's in town and will be out shortly.

No comments: