Friday, June 1, 2018

Hurrah Pass Loop

I'm tired of walking up and down Hurrah Pass so I'm looking for a loop. Out by the abandoned oil well toward Jackson Hole there's a rock gully that goes all the way to the top. I climbed it once years ago and I remember there was a tough spot but I don't remember much about it. If I can get up that again, then cut across on the trail I made going to Three Guys on a Roller Coaster then I've got a Hurrah Pass Loop.



I found the tough spot. I remember going up this backward last time. I don't remember it having a crack in the rock that will support me. I stared at it a long time seeing if it wanted to talk to me as to if it would let me down if I pushed against it. I don't think I would quit rolling unless my body got hung up on something all the way down to the shade and that's a long ways. I'm 66 on this day (Thursday May 31st) and I'm noticing the longer I live the longer I want to keep living. I decide to look for an alternate way up and as it turned out it was tougher than the one route I was going to take.

No comments: