Thursday, September 21, 2023

Hundreds are Gone, Nineties are Here

The days have cooled and Jax and I are doing a lot of hiking with Kobae.
After cheering the demise of the ugly domes that were across the river now a bunch of even uglier tents have cropped up a little further inland. Thinking he had at least learned the lesson taught by the river earlier this year then for the last two days I've heard grading going on at the same locations that they had the domes on last time right up again the river and now there's an ad in the paper looking for investors to build geo-domes by the river.
Years ago very close to where these next pictures are taken, first Kobae, then Linny and about seven or eight years old reading a book, and then me, really old reading a book were walking down the dirt road. When we get
to this spot there's a guy in a rental jeep with his front tires on the sand stairs and his wife out front guiding him a little to the right a little to the left. Kobae walks by and up the stairs and into the canyon. Linny walks over to the Jeep and trying to be helpful says "You want me to drive that up for you." The guy loudly says "No." Linny says "I was just trying to help." Then I walk up next and say "How we doing today?" They guy says "First I got passed by a turtle, then a little girl wanted to drive for me. Ain't feeling much like a man today." I said "Don't feel bad. They both grew up out here and they been in four wheel drive their whole lives."

No comments: