Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Hiking and Hikers

Each day I let Kobae out of his pen around 4:30 to 5pm and he comes to the porch to eat. He eats three large head of romaine and three or four green peppers and has been completly ignoring the cucumbers. Then he either turns around and heads back into his house or heads down the driveway off for a hike. Only once so far has head headed on a long hike going up Hurrah. I tried to turn him around about a fourth of the way up and he fought me. It's nice this year. I just let him win and call the lodge. Jesse brought the white truck up and we lifted him up and put him in the back and drove back to the lodge. He was pretty mad banging into the side of the back of the truck and we pulled the tail gate down and lifted him back down when we returned. No exhausting fight for 30 minutes trying to turn him around.
Brianna, Rocky Mountain High doing the American Discovery Trail came through a few days ago and I saw an artilce on her in the Moab Sun newspaper. You'll have to copy and paste I don't think I know how to do a link. https://moabsunnews.com/2023/08/31/american-discovery-trail/
Turns out she has a Facebook page and she did a nice post about her time at the lodge.https://www.facebook.com/rockygoeshiking/
The first fall season Hayduker came through, Stinky Cheese, trail name and I went through a little bit of what he was about to face, some guests showed up and by the time I had taken them to their room and come back out he was gone. On the way to town Jesse and Jake called me on the walkie to say a Hayduker was almost here but he was apparently unaware of the lodge and I never saw him. That makes his no water along the way about 64 miles instead of 47.

No comments: