Thursday, July 7, 2022

Things Are A Changing

Somehow the boat dock has filled up with water and mostly sank. Will have to be pulled out and re-built. Hardly use it but it's good to know it's available if needed.
Beach is coming back. It feels so good to walk on the beach and get the mud between your toes and the water is pretty warm, it's nice to stroll down there with Jax.
I founded and was President of Lets Play Sports, you'll find it under letsplaysoccer.com. Though retired ten plus years I've been on the board of directors for the whole time, twenty, maybe thirty something years. I was on fire buying new and building new properties but I put us at risk several times. Was probably a miracle we pulled it out each time. They've changed into a very slow moving machine, probably rightfully so. I don't have a purpose there anymore. They sent out an email to shareholders saying they were deep financially if somebody wanted out. I took them up on their offer and in a few days I won't be affiliated with the organization I built with years of 100 plus hour workweeks. In a few days I'll no longer be part of the organization. Feels weird. Little piece of me missing.
Doug called me to tell me he had a solid offer from the folks across the river looking to expand in the six to eight million range. That's not anywhere close to going to do it and I have no where to go. But still it tells me they are real.
Last night a baby skunk came up on the porch and stole a raccoon's hot dog, a ringtail caught a hot dog on the first throw as almost always, Mama, our favorite raccoon, her two kids set on the roof hanging down trying to get closer to the hot dogs when I throw them. They've actually starting to get decent at catching the hot dogs, and the foxes were lined up deep in Kobae's pen for their hot dogs. Right now typing in the dining room looking out the back window at the rafts going by and the white-tailed antelope squirrels and Colorado chipmunks all hight up on rocks howling and looking tells me there is a fox about. What happens to them if I sell? Probably they get bulldozed.
Still, I could do a lot of good with the amount I'm thinking they'll pay and help a lot of people. Jax knows something is up, we'll just keep hiking until it straightens itsself out.

No comments: