Friday, July 22, 2022

Life

Jax and I got a hike in. Was nice. The landscape was really lit up. We started out was still over 100, been doing about 105 most days, had a 111 twice. Then the clouds came over which gather every afternoon and was all pleasant after that.
Jax always has to stand right on the edge. Always.
Usually one side or the other gets the beach but this year we both got one and a little island popped up in the middle as well.
Doug says he told the guys across the river $25 million take it or leave it. I assume they left it as I haven't heard from anybody. I assumed, wrongly maybe, that if I sold I'd have 10 to 15 million to work with. I went through Utah Real Estate and couldn't find a single thing in the whole state I liked in that price range. This place is special. It's been real quiet across the river. Most days two trucks. Rarely does anybody even shoot a weapon anymore and maybe saw two planes land all month.
Most days feed the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks at the three Breakfast at Tiffany's locations around 8am. Kobae comes out to eat on the front porch usually between 5 and 6pm. Right around 9:30pm the little people show up to the front porch. There are a couple families of raccoons, a few baby skunks, a baby ringtail, and a couple foxes that look even smaller than usual. The foxes are coming back but it takes a lot of work to make sure everybody gets a couple hot dogs so they keep returning.

No comments: