Friday, March 25, 2022

So It Begins, Another Rescue Year

 After the pottery hunt I'm going to continue around Jackson Hole and show them a few more things but I hear Walkie Talkie traffic on our channel. One of our guests side by side out in Jackson Hole with me somewhere won't start and they need help or a ride. I figure I'll head back to the lodge and check out their vehicle on the way or give them a ride. I get to where I can see the lodge but I haven't seen them. It turns out they were broke down probably about a quarter mile past where I was when I started back.


As I'm pulling into the lodge a motorcycle pulls up in front of me. I ask Collin if he'll head out to Jackson Hole and look at the side by side. The guy on the motorcycle says he's stuck deep in the creek bed by the river just past the Wind Caves. Collin thinks his vehicle will be able to pull it out better so he heads out to rescue that guy and Teresa and I head back to Jackson for the guests. Lydia says she will feed Kobae and upon hearing his name he heads right for the feeding spot on the porch. As I'm leaving I hear Lydia say "Kobae, I'm not ready for you yet."
I open up the front of the broken vehicle and wiggle some wires. My other side by side shows up and he wiggles some others and looks at the fuses and we can't figure it out so I pick up the stranded guests and we head back to the lodge. Not long after we get back Collin shows up and says he can't get the vehicle out of the creek bed. We call Nations Towing and they send a truck out. He gets stuck too. Some of his friends come and pull him out and he pulls the truck out.
Collin calls from Jackson Hole and says "Did you take......" and before he said the fourth word I knew. Guests had started to hand me the keys and I can't remember if I said leave them in the ignition or give them to me and I'll put them back in but the keys dropped into my hand. I noticed Teresa and Jax were not around so I called Jax and somewhere in the calling Jax the keys went into my pocket and now Collin was out in Jackson and can't find the problem with no keys. I jumped on a side by side and blew out to Jackson. Collin took the back seat out and the starter wire had become disconnected to the starter and it fired right up but we had an extra vehicle.

Collin took off on the trials bike half way back. I pulled up behind him in a side by side and took him back to the formerly wounded side by side as we tried to beat the darkness. I took off in the quicker side by side, got to the trials bike and jumped on it taking it to the lodge. Collin came up behind me in a side by side, I jumped in and we headed back to the abandoned oil well with the side by side was and we got them all back before dark, barely.


No comments: