Sunday, December 8, 2019

Lockhart Basin

Patrick sent me this video he found online and I think it's a fair description of Lockhart. The first ten minutes or so is where I do most of the rescues and there were a bunch of them a year or two ago. I've now had four people revisit the lodge with friends to thank me for saving their life on Lockhart. Two of their eyes watered up. I didn't know. Usually it just feels like another day.

However a week or two ago I have two sets of guests check in who both said somebody in a Jeep blew by them while they were coming up Hurrah Pass in the dark and found him a little further up the road rolled over or close. I didn't go. I'm not going to save those kinds of people anymore. It's time consuming and they don't appreciate it. I can usually sense they'll do it again.


No comments: