Thursday, December 12, 2019

Two People in a Week

On Wednesday while out working in the garage the lead cowboy came up to same he had brought about 300 cows across Hurrah and to be sure all gates were closed. They are.
For the first time since the movie back in May the Kymco's are back in their home tonight and the Polaris are back in the garage next door. I had to jump the Kymco's as they'd been sitting next door for awhile.
Then I pushed the Scorpas around and two of the three started after sitting there for all these months. They smoked like crazy for about five minutes and then it cleared up. The other one has a throttle issue, and one of the two that started the clutch broke right when I rode off so I'll take them to town tomorrow and pick up another load of wood and a few more groceries. After that I don't at the moment have a reason to go to town again this year.
After I get the six kayaks up from the river and figure out how to get them and all the dirt bikes in the garage I'll be pretty much done with this one except some fine tuning.

I wound up one vehicle in the wrong direction taking things back and forth so I did get a small hike in to next door. Just the one field where the Indian village was and where Linny got killed during the movie is the only place that hasn't full recovered and it's just the area where the horses ran back and forth while the village burned to the ground. I expect by Spring that should be gone too.
The down side when I got next door is I'm reminded there's still a much bigger garage that needs some work and organization.
In a whole week I saw two people, the hiker and cowboy. Other than that I heard a few vehicles off in the distance and that was it. Returning to the lodge two ravens were sitting at the top of the Cottonwood tree waiting for me to put the food out so they could snatch the hot dogs. Right at dark they finally flew off. I still waited five more minutes as I figured they'd circle around and try and trick me but they didn't.

No comments: