Saturday, June 1, 2019

The Demons

Wayne Charles Baker who's arms Linny died in ten or so days ago and I got to talk a lot about living in the boonies and things we learned. Prior to a shooting one night back in The Fingers I was talking with his wife Marlana about the unusual things that happen when you're deeply in touch with the land. Things you know, you feel, you sense, that those around you don't. Wayne spoke of being of the Raven Clan and spoke Raven well. Marlana was with the Mohawk and knew much of the spirit world. In the exchange I talked of my finding ending footprints on a cliff above the Colorado, keeping it to myself and my dream with the dust devil woman in Jackson Hole who visits me from time to time. When Marlana's time here was over she gave me this and said it will help me in my fight with my demons. I believe her. I will keep it with me for my next journey to the place in Jackson Hole.


No comments: