Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Good Dog Day

Heather sent me this:

UPDATE! WE FOUND THEM!!! Alive and well. Tired, thirsty, hungry but OK. Thanks everyone! More later.
Image may contain: dog, living room and indoor

Home and all cleaned up. We are all ready to sleep for a few days. I’m still processing a lot about the last 4 days. It started as a quick trip with friends and turned into a nightmare, then a mission, then one of the best moments of my life. I’m forever grateful to all of those who offered their time. I need to shout out to a few individuals.
Bill Burke for all of the initial search help, especially recommending that we focus on tracking paw prints. Without doing that we would never have adequately narrowed the search area.
Daniel B. Markofsky. For being a rock in the first hectic hours of the search. You kept me level and offered a lot of great insights.
Mike Boyle for finding our dogs!
Alan Ace Brown for coming out to Lockhart to help.
Rory Irish for the fuel and water.
David Armbruster for helping me wire up a spotlight.
Shane Pierce Williams for the maps.
Heather Swearingen for keeping the outside world informed.
Erin Rose Kowalski for putting life on hold and coming out to help with the search.
Marissa Morrison and Baili Foster for helping us sell those darn concert tickets.
Chris Green for helping with social media.
Louis Grassi for holding down the fort while I was gone.
Bella Gourley, Roxie Cote and Judy Platt for helping with the kids.
My wife Tiffany for being rock solid the whole time. She found key tracks that narrowed the search and kept me going the second and third days.
And all of you who helped spread the word, communicated with the right people and offered support. I feel fortunate to have such an amazing army of support. I love you all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
comments i found on facebook

Here’s a track from the inreach showing OUR adventure
No photo description available.
Cory Willoughby Wheew nice one where were they?
Hide or report this
Like
 · Reply · 2w
Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris Cory Willoughby close to where the last tracks were found 2 days prior. Several miles from where they disappeared.
2
Hide or report this
Like
 · Reply · 2w · Edited
Cory Willoughby
Cory Willoughby Awesome man thats got to feel good
Hide or report this
Like
 · Reply · 2w
Dusty Jenkins
Dusty Jenkins Were they hiding when found or just tromping through the uncharted territory still?? So happy you found them man!

Mike Boyle Dusty Jenkins they were right on the side of the road. I didn't believe it was them at first.
1
Hide or report this
Like
 · Reply · 2w
Dusty Jenkins
Dusty Jenkins This is such a crazy story! I feel like with all the filmmakers a little mini doc needs to happen haha!
1
Hide or report this
Like
 · Reply · 2w
Mike Boyle
Mike Boyle From what little tracks I found it appears that once they made it down into the canyon bottom they stayed fairly close to the road, which really helped. I also cannot claim that I actually found them, I think we just found each other.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The devices they used
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jonathan Harris Also on the wish list. The InReach was invaluable in communicating with the outside world. I was using my employer’s but once I have to give it up I will definitely want one of my own. ht

No comments: