Thursday, June 15, 2017

Critter Stuff

Long time ago I said if I ever did a testimonial for anything it would be Kit & Kaboodle, the cat food that everyone out here eats, to include some birds. A couple nights ago I heard Jax growling and looked out the front door and there was a mule deer eating out of the Kit & Kaboodle bowl that I leave out in Kobae's pen for the foxes. At least they are getting some food now without the raccoons interfering. The raccoons still drain two bowls per night. I've been nervous since the beginning of feeding hot dogs to the foxes that they might get the skunks or ringtails by hanging around more. I do have less ringtails but I think it's because I don't have a safe place to leave them food that the raccoons can't get to but I'm working on it. Got the skunk hole fixed up so the raccoons can't get in there and live is going pretty well. The biggest previous threat was the rock squirrels who would try and break into the rooms, chew car wires, and steal Kobae's food but now Jax patrols the parking lot with regularity. He knows it's his job and there have been no issues. When Kobae eats Jax stands on the porch next to him and not a rock squirrel can be seen in any direction. Yes, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Desert Dog.

No comments: