Friday, January 2, 2015

Three Things

Some days I watch hours of video I shot during the day to see if I can learn anything new and what might be worth posting on the blog. Despite hundreds of hours of watching Breakfast at Tiffany's videos where the song birds and little people eat every morning in one minute of reviewing today I found three things I didn't know. 1. The White-crowned sparrows only eat bird seed and not sunflower seeds as most of the other songbirds. I went back and watched twenty minutes of White-crowned's eating and couldn't find even one eating a sunflower seed. 2. While most of the songbirds scratch for food that might be buried only the White-crowned's do it with two feet at the same time. More of a little skip than scratch, and they appear to go backwards so they can see what they have uncovered where they just were. 3. There appears to be one juvenile (brownish red stripes on head, not black) that appears to have feet but no legs.

No comments: