Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Hurrah Pass - The Road

Usually each year San Juan County will make a pass or two up and down Hurrah and then are gone for the year and usually it's not until winter but this year they have come hard with grader, fill dirt, front end load, and rock chipper and have taken away and crushed up rocks and ledges that have been problems for years. It's unbelievable. I'm going to say in my 17 years here this is the best I have ever seen the road. Kobae, Jax, and I hiked the west side yester day so we saw it up close and now, right now, is a magical moment, that may never come again though I expect the road will continue to be pretty good for awhile and the last picture is the skinniest place in the road and I think you can get two vehicles through there at a time. I'm calling the septic and propane people tomorrow to come now. If the road was discouraging anyone from coming out, that is over.

No comments: