Friday, August 25, 2023

Geologist

17 of them showed up this week doing some exploration and some cutting occasionally. Very dedicated and all around good people. They don't ask for much. Here all week and they seem pretty happy just to have a bathroom and hiking down the creek bed to the river for a bath.
They'll be walking along exploring and someone will say "shark's tooth". I walk over there and there are four broken pieces of tiny bone if they were all put together they'd be the size of the nail on my small finger. They three or four of them will look at it and say "Yea, no doubt." Then someone will say "bone". Others will say "spine of a shark". Someone eise will say "dorsal fin I think" as another says "I think your right".
Then Jax who has joined us on the journey will look at me and say "lizard". I say "side blotched."

No comments: