Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Finally

The water depth has finally come down enouh to equal last year same time and we don't have much of a beach. Just some where the creek bed comes out next to the boat ramp. Guests are getting in and heading up river until they tire a little and then catching the current back and others come through on rentals from town and a boat picks them up later.
The more I look down into the area below the basket on five the more I see trails that aren't overgrown despite being under water during the two months of flood. I think the mountin lion spends more time down there than I thought and that accounts for the missing Hybrid who usually came from that direction also at night.
Jax and I did Land of the Skinny people with Kathryn a guests staying here.
Kobae came out to hike five days in a row.
Then he didn't come out for four days at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom!! That picture of you and Jax is so precious! Reading through your blog posts and missing Basecamp, I can't wait to visit again and do some exploring, we stayed last year in October- visiting only for two sleeps from Pittsburgh Pa in for a jeep thing in Moab...I dream of Basecamp daily!! We WILL be back and hopefully with some of our family so they can experience the true beauty and adventures your property holds!