Monday, March 27, 2023

Things that Happen

Haydukers Scratch, Double Happiness, and Weekend at Bernie's come by hiking the Hayduke. I ask them to email me from Needle to let me know about water on the trail so I can notify future Haydukers heading down the trail.
Jessie and Teresa found bones inside Hull's Place. Jax and I hiked over to check it out and they're too small to be the Hybrid.
Jessie, much like I did years ago has found the most comfortable place to sleep.
Jax is alive again. All the critters out here but the only one he's allowed to chase are the rock squirrels. Sitting in my office monitoring the parking lot Jax saw a rock squirrel jump up into a guest vehicle. I notified them asking them to open the hood and Jax will take care of the rest. It used to be the fastest known element of time was from the time the light turns green to when the guy behind you honks. No more. Now, if you don't lift the hood of your vehicle fast enough Jax will crash into the hood on it's way up as he leaps from the ground into the engine. In this case, with only two nights here a squirrel has made a nest in their vehicle. Later that day Teresa said there was a bunch of stuffing from one of the chairs on the back porch missing.
I used to own a large luxury hotel in San Diego. As life in general there were good guests and not so good. It's different here. They are almost all outstanding guests and all around good people. My theory is that the road to here weeds out all the weenies. Few guests are expecting a mint on their pillow and if they show up here braving the road it's because they have heart. You can't teach heart it has to come from within. All my guests have heart and are the best of the best. I'm extremely fortunate.

No comments: