Saturday, March 25, 2023

Lot of Stuff

On a sad note the Hybrid is missing. Hasn't showed up for a couple weeks. It seems as if over the years whoever is the leader of the foxes doesn't last very long. Seems like it's been five or so months that the stranger with patchy hair (kid fox), black legs (red fox), and half black tail (gray fox) and green eyes (mountain lion) has made it. I don't know what happen in the desert that night to make the Hybrid four different kind of critters but it was magnificent. Jax and I have been searching most every day. Found bobcat tracks coming up the hill from where the remain of the deer are and coyote tracks up by where Doug's hogan is but so far no mountain lion so we've been holding out hope but something got it. I'd throw out ten hot dogs and it would get seven of them so I doubt the other foxed are going to miss it. More hot dogs for them. Down towards the tamarisk there are some large rocks that made up a room under them and when I got here it had sand bags all around it. I imagined that's where the Hybrid had been living all this time.
The first leader of the foxes I found injured many years ago. He had done battle with a badger and lost. One ear was missing, the other had a chunk missing. It couldn't eat dry food because it hurt too much and the dry food would fall out of it's mouth and it had a serious limp. I fed it chicken, turkey, hot dogs, and fish and after a couple months it had s shiny coat, no limp, and a bit of a belly. Jax and I patrolled the creek bed but just found the remains of the deer from last December or so.
First tour boats, kayaks, and rafts have been coming down the riverr most days.

No comments: